Recent Blog Posts
- Fine Wine Investment Seminar, Wednesday 12th February 4/02/2014
- The Wine Advocate’s Grand World Tour 2014 20/01/2014
- Fighting Counterfeit 11/11/2013
- The Classés of 2012: Trends over the past year 4/10/2013
- Bordeaux 2010: The Latest Opinion 22/02/2013
TrendingTen most searched-for wine names*
- 1. Dom Perignon2. Petrus3. Pin4. Montrose5. Cristal
- 6. Talbot7. Angelus8. Belgrave9. Krug10. Palmer
The Importance of Vintage
Perceived quality of vintage is incredibly important when selecting fine wine as a potential investment. After all, perception of quality of an individual vintage is ultimately the greatest cause for the higher demand placed on it by the consuming public.
As we understand from the laws of supply and demand, wines of limited supply in higher demand (good vintage) will deplete more quickly than those in lesser demand (less good vintage), and prices should accordingly rise more quickly.
- Weekend Wine Auctions Raise $18 million wine-searcher.com, 25/03/2014
- Hart Wine Auction Totals $5.05 Million as Lafite ’82 Leads Sale businessweek.com, 25/03/2014
- Sotheby’s hails success of Drouhin direct cellar auction decanter.com, 11/03/2014